Founders Day 2017
Join Michigan Alpha for Founders Day March 11
We are excited to welcome our brothers back home to Ann Arbor for Michigan Alpha’s annual Founders Day celebration. Continuing our tradition from last year, we will be presenting awards to our alumni for Philanthropy, Entrepreneurship, and Mr. Phi Psi. See below for details and a schedule of events.
When: Saturday, March 11, 2017—5:30-9:30 p.m.
Where: 630 Oxford Michigan Alpha Chapter House & Michigan League, Ann Arbor
RSVP: Click here
- 1-3 p.m. Lunch at Dominicks: Meet at the Ann Arbor staple, Dominicks, for a fun lunch with other alumni. [Alternative: Michigan men’s lacrosse game vs. Penn at the Big House]
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. MAHC Annual Meeting: The Michigan Alpha Housing Corporation will hold its annual in-person meeting to review the financial and cultural progress of the chapter house over the past year.
- 5:30-9:30 p.m. 165th Annual Founders Day: Michigan Alpha will celebrate Phi Kappa Psi’s 165th Founders Day, starting with a cocktail hour at the 630 Oxford chapter house, followed by dinner, awards ,and formal ceremony at the University of Michigan’s League ballroom.
Additionally, we are proud to announce our continuation of the Founders Day awards series. Please read through the following awards to make nominations for your fellow Michigan Alphas.
- Philanthropy Award: A brother who has displayed selflessness and a dedication to serving others. Past recipients have included the undergraduate chapter for their support of injured brother, Taylor Jenssen, and Archie DiBlassio ’59 for his strategic consulting support of Michigan Alpha and MAHC.
- Entrepreneurship Award: A brother who has excelled in the business arena, demonstrating integrity, creativity, and passion in his work. Past recipients include Jon Oberheide ’02 for his work with Duo Security, an internet security firm, and Stew Nelson ’69 for his work with the Ann Arbor SPARK Network and other start-up organizations.
- Phi Psi: A brother who embodies the ideals set forth by the Phi Psi creed. This brother has pledged throughout their life to be a generous, compassionate and loyal comrade. Past recipients include David Frayne ’89 and Al Dickerson ’57 for their lifelong dedication to Phi Kappa Psi and Michigan Alpha.
Questions: Email us at MichiganAlphaAlumni@gmail.com