Founders Day 2016
Reconnecting with Michigan Alpha & Ann Arbor
We are excited to welcome our brothers back home to Ann Arbor for Michigan Alpha’s annual Founders Day celebration. Continuing our tradition from last year, we will be presenting awards to our alumni for Philanthropy, Entrepreneurship, and Mr. Phi Psi. See below for details and a schedule of events.
When: Saturday, March 26th, 2016 — 5:30-9:30pm
Where: 630 Oxford Michigan Alpha Chapter House & Palmer Commons, Ann Arbor
RSVP: Click here.
- 2:30-4 p.m. Mentorship Panel Discussion: An opportunity for undergraduates to learn from alumni and their careers in fields including law, entrepreneurship, and business consulting.
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. MAHC Annual Meeting: The Michigan Alpha Housing Corporation will hold its annual in-person meeting to review the financial and cultural progress of the chapter house over the past year.
- 5:30-9:30 p.m. 164th Annual Founders Day: Michigan Alpha will celebrate Phi Kappa Psi’s 164th Founders Day, starting with a cocktail hour at the 630 Oxford chapter house, followed by dinner, awards, and formal ceremony at the University of Michigan’s Palmer Commons ballroom.
Congrats to our Award Winners!
If you personally know any of the recipients or causes for which they were awarded, it would be a pleasure to have you attend the event to support them in person.
- Philanthropy Award: For the immediate and unfailing support of our undergraduate brother, Taylor Janssen, we are proud to announce that the 2016 Philanthropy award will be awarded to the undergraduate chapter and those alumni who supported them in their emotional and financial support of Taylor and his family. We are proud to highlight those undergraduates who rallied to their brother’s side and the alumni who supported them without any previous relationship with Taylor beyond their common bonds of Phi Psi brotherhood.
- Entrepreneurship Award: For his 20+ years of entrepreneurial work, we are proud to award Stew Nelson ’69 with the 2016 Entrepreneurship Award. Beyond Stew’s current position as President of the New Enterprise Forum and his work with Ann Arbor’s SPARK Network, Stew has spent many years working to ensure the longevity of Phi Kappa Psi at the University of Michigan.
- Mr. Phi Psi: For his life-long devotion to all that is Phi Kappa Psi, we are honored to be presenting the 2016 Mr. Phi Psi award to Al Dickerson ’57. Al has been a driving force for Michigan Alpha and its ideals for decades, having worked on the MAHC board as well as mentoring undergraduates to live life as true Phi Psi brothers. As described in the Phi Psi Creed, Al has pledged throughout his life to be a generous, compassionate, and loyal comrade. Al is a guide for all of those who are lucky enough to know him and we are proud to call him our brother.
Questions: Email us at MichiganAlphaAlumni@gmail.com